Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bead Tools

It is great to have the right tools if you want to make jewelry. 
Here are some of the tools I use.
Needle nose pliers, round nose pliers, cutters, and scissors. 
For bracelets I use stretch string and for necklaces I use bead wire. They come in different thicknesses depending on the size hole of your beads.
 You tube- bead tools
 

 E-6000 glue is great to use for all kinds of crafts! You need a well vented area. Do not get on your hands. I use an end of a wire, to apply on small areas.



 A Bead Palette helps beads to be stable so you can make your patters and measure length.



 This web sight Beadaholique has some great "how to" videos.

Bead Ideas  
Beads for bracelets, earrings and charms can come from different sources.  I like to get beads from old jewelery, hobby stores, garage sales and goodwill stores.  It is exciting to find some beads that are a good quality, for a low price.  Color combination's are fun to create.  There are so many shapes and sizes of beads to choose from.  Beads can be made from stone, rocks, crystals, glass, gems, plastic, shells, and more.

Mixing,  matching,  and layering  bracelets can look good.  Stretch string makes them easy to  slip on and off.

I have been making creations with beads off and on for 15 years. I like to learn new techniques and styles. I use a lot of shapes, sizes, and colors of beads. Making jewelry can become a business or done on your own leisure time as a hobby. Here is some of my jewelry in the past. I am getting more advanced as I learn more.



Here are some of the findings I use to make my jewelery. I get them from the craft stores and off old jewelery. There is so many different styles and metals; like: gold, silver, black, and copper findings.



When I make bracelets, I love to use stretch magic string.  I put a knot at the end, bead my string, then tie it tight.  It is easy to put around your wrist.


No comments:

Post a Comment